Baptism cakes otherwise known as christening cakes are a must-have in baptism ceremonies. The baptism ceremony is an important Christian themed event in which parents dedicate their child to God. After the church baptism, there is usually an organized food and drink ceremony later on at a different venue.
One of the important delicacies to mark the important day is a baptism communion cake. Depending on preference, the parents can opt to have a custom baptism cake or something simple to mark the day’s event. Either way, when shopping for a baptism cakes, there are several factors to consider.
- The number of guests – Are you having an intimate family affair only kind of baptism ceremony or will you have friends and acquaintances joining you? Just one piece of cake is never enough. With the exact number of guests attending the ceremony, you can shop for a cake big enough to serve everyone a generous piece or two.
- Ingredients of choice – The most popular type of baptism cakes are usually white in color with minimum decorations. However, you can experiment with flavors such as chocolate, strawberry, or even do a fruit cake with rich flavors. The point to consider when selecting the flavors is that your guest will include children as well. Hence the flavors should be both child and adult friendly.
- Budget – How much are you looking to spend on your child’s baptism cake? Simple cakes in design and flavors are more affordable compared to custom designed cakes. The more the flavors you incorporate and decoration, the more you should expect to pay. However, this should not deter you from getting the cake your heart desires. Most bakers have a payment plan in place to make sure you afford the cake you want.
- Theme – Most baptismal events will have babies as guests. In order to appeal to them, you can have a child-themed cake. This can represent various things such as popular cartoon heroes, your child’s name or you can choose to have a religious theme with decorations depicting symbols used in the church. The theme of the cake should be complementary to the overall ceremony theme. It would be inappropriate to have a Cruella De Vii themed cake for a baptism event.
- Your child’s gender – Your child’s gender determines the kind of decoration that will be used on the baptism cake. For a baby girl, a floral themed cake with feminine colors such as pink or yellow for decoration will be highly appreciated. However, a son would probably question why you got them a butterfly-shaped cake for his baptism instead of a Superman themed cake. Let your baker know the sex of your child and be open to endorsing their suggestions as well as share your own.
If you are shopping for a baptism cake in Toronto, at Just Temptations is where you need to check. We specialize in making custom cakes and will be happy to bale the perfect baptism cake for your child.