Planning a wedding is stressful, time-consuming and definitely a financial commitment, to say the least. That is why emphasis is put on perfection in all aspect of the wedding from dressing, food, entertainment and the wedding cake selection. All couples desire to have a beautiful wedding cake. While some may opt for custom wedding cakes, others are satisfied with a simple wedding cake.
Regardless of the choice, the baker behind the cake plays an important role. Just like all other professionals working with you to make your wedding day special and perfect, a baker also needs to be vetted for their skills and expertise before committing to their services.
- Is their business licensed? – Well, you don’t a phoney or someone masquerading as a cake baker working on your wedding cake; do you? You can simply do a background check on your baker by checking their past clients’ reviews or simply asking for their license as proof of their qualifications.
- How much do you charge? – Pricing is a key factor in choosing your wedding cake and baker. If their prices are way beyond your budget, they are not a good fit because you may end up getting a very basic wedding cake should they decide to work with your budget.
- What ingredients do you use? – It seems an orthodox question but is worth asking. For instance, if a baker is a firm believer in using fresh ingredients, you are sure to expect a freshly baked wedding cake.
- Do they decorate the cake? – We have wedding cake bakers who simply do the baking and have someone else do the decorations whether in-house or outsourced. Some do both the baking and decorations. At just-temptations we are full-service bakery. We bake, design, decorate and deliver your wedding cakes.
- What does their contract say? – Contracts protect both the client and service provider but can be a bit biased on the client. Find out their cancellation policy, payments and other terms and condition for their services. If there are favourable, that’s a good baker to work with. If not, you will need to look into getting another one.
- Do they provide delivery? – Wedding cakes need to be carefully transported to the venue without messing the decorations or the cake. Some bakers provide delivery, others don’t. You will need to clarify this to be better prepared.
- Do they provide any extra services? – Sometimes your cake baker may also provide cake stands, sweet tables, chocolate fountains, party favors, cupcakes etc. at an added cost. It is always good to find out these details beforehand.
Doing a bit or research on the cake baker protects you from SCAM bakers. A baker with good experience and solid reviews from previous clients guarantees the best of services for your big day. At Just Temptations, we are wedding cake bakers with experience in the industry. We have been featured in bridal magazines and do have solid referrals and reviews from past clients. You can visit our showroom today or check out our website for more information.