While the hardest part about a wedding is planning, choosing and buying a wedding cake is equally a tough decision to make. Beautiful wedding cakes are a critical part of the wedding such with no room for errors.
- The number of guests – Before buying your beautiful wedding cake, you need to have a rough estimate of the guests expected and ask yourself if the cake size is enough to serve everybody. Although a slice is all needed, it is a good idea to have a generous slice since the cake serves as the desert for the wedding. To some guests, a piece just isn’t enough while others have a different measure for the size of the slice. In order to accommodate everybody, have a definite number of guests expected attending as it helps determine the right size.
- Your budget – Different cakes have a different price tag attached. For instance, custom wedding cakes are more expensive. In most cases, cakes are priced at the cost of a serving. If you have A number of guests, and the cost per serving of cake is B for a custom cake while C for a traditional wedding cake, you are looking at the following invoices; A* B for the custom cake or A* C for the traditional cake. Have a budget determined and explore several options within your budget.
- Weather – This is the most ignored factor when buying a wedding cake. The weather plays an important role in selecting the best toppings and frosting. While butter or whipped cream is more delicious and soft, it easily melts in hot weather. Supposing your wedding is in summer, you will want to have summer icing instead of butter or whipped cream. Butter and whipped cream frosting make an excellent frosting choice for winter or indoor events where the temperature can be regulated.
- The details – Do you prefer fondant to frost? What flavors do you want? What are some of the trends in design and decoration? These fine details are key to buying the right cake that complements your wedding. Its presentation, decoration has to be in line with the wedding theme.
- Delivery – Does your wedding cake vendor provide delivery? If not you will need to organize this. Since the cake is delicate, it is best to buy from a shop close to your venue. That way, the cake will be moved at ease and over a minimal distance arriving in perfect condition. At Just Temptations we have multiple delivery vans to ensure your cake is delivered securely at the right time.
There is more to buying your wedding cake than just selecting one on display and paying. To get the best cake for your wedding, the above factors must be considered. At Just Temptations, we create the best wedding cakes. Visit our showroom today or contact us through our website for the best services for wedding cakes.