Why My Cake Is Dry & What Is Its Solution?
Some people who are not experienced cook or whenever someone tries to bake a cake first time, getting the situation that ends making common mistakes is an apparent act. The dry cake is among the most common mistake that you bake the cake. Well, here you will learn what causes dry cake and experts advice to get the problem fixed.
What Causes Dry Cake & Its Solutions
- Use of too much flour can result in making a dry cake. This is why, when you measure the dry ingredients, spoon the flour into a measuring cup for dry ingredients and make sure to level off using the flat spatula.
- Shortening of liquid can cause dryness. For this, you need to measure the liquids only in a liquid measuring cup following the liquid measurement on the level surface.
- Use of too many eggs or overbeating the eggs white is another reason behind the dry cake. This is because the egg white acts as a drying agent. So, follow the right amount of ingredients.
- Baking pan should be of accurate size. A pan that is too big as compared to the amount of batter makes your cake overbake and dry. The pan must be filled from ½ to ¾ full.
- One more thing, the too high temperature of your oven could cause dry cake. So, keep an eye on the heat and make sure to follow the guidelines.
Hopefully, these tips will help you when you next time bake a cake. If you like to eat the cake rather than baking it, then contact us at Just Temptations. We use the finest and freshest ingredients to make delicious and perfectly baked cakes for our clients. Call us to book an appointment.
Comments are closed